Friday, February 20, 2009

Cat City!





It's a city near the Equator called Kuching (Koo-Ching) which, translated into English means Cats. ..that's, gentle readers, is where the realm of Dog Woods lie! Where I, Tuffy, Top Dog, Lord of Dog Woods rule!



It may come off to many as strangely odd that I would rule in the heart of a city where Cats have reserved a right to call their own. How I got here and How Kuching got it's name is a LOooNNnnGGG story. To make the long story short, as far as I know, I was born and breed here (not sure about my parents since I can't trace them...). While Kuching got it's name from the abundance of 'Mata Kuching' (translated Cat Eye) Fruits found in the locality ...


However, unlike what the name suggests, we're NOT over run by the Feline population - nor do Cats get their eyes from Fruits. On my last check, there's no Feline as mayor (Dog Forbid!!) either .... But we do have many large feline statues planted about the city in the silliest poses - though the local Feline Population thinks otherwise; and much to the Feline pride, a Cat Museum.

So much for Cats! Give me half a chance, I'd mark all the feline statues in the city and the cat museum - but the Chief warns I would have to spend some time in Dog Prison if I attempted to 'water' the city's proud landmarks. :p
Am proud to report though that there's not a Feline within the sights of Dog Woods. Canine Rules! At least in my part of the Woods. My proud dog pack, Fur Kids and I do a very good job patrolling the territory - making sure that anything creature (who does not possess The Dog Woods' Stamp of Approval)lurking about stay OUT! As for intruding Felines, they almost always end up being chased up the trees.

Got to admit ... chasing Felines is all done in Good Fun. Very good aerobic exercise, I dare add! *wag*wag*pant*pant*pant*.

8 comments:

  1. You gotta watch those sneaky felines. The one that resides in our abode hacked out blog. Tricky little critters!

    Tinkerbell, Oscar and Tucker

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dog Woods sounds like a fun place to live. Chasing cats...and squirrels...and birds is my specialty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Khats khan be soooo furry evil...

    Same fur skhwirrels!

    Hugz&Khysses,
    Khyra

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would like to see them cat statues. What a good place you live in, it sounds very interesting!
    ~lickies, Ludo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi tuffy; Thanks for stopping by my blog! Dog Woods eh? Sounds like an interesting place. I look forward to reading about your adventures! XOXO Peanut

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the background but do be wary of cat statues, woo never know what is lurking behind one.

    Woos, the OP Pack

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sounds like a pawsome place to live :)
    Big licks to you
    Suzuki
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Tuffy! Thanks for stopping by my place. I enjoyed reading aobut your home. I'm glad you didn't water things that could get you into trouble!

    I'm adding you to my blogroll, ok? It's funny I have a Chihuahua friend named Tuffy and he has a blog called Tuffy's Tale. :)

    Barklove,
    Rusty

    ReplyDelete